Sunday, February 22, 2015

Veggie Stir Fry - My Zero Point Lunch

Currently, my favorite thing to fix for an easy, zero point lunch or even dinner is what I call a Veggie Stir Fry.  I can't give you exact measurements on this; I just use whatever I have on hand and throw it together.

I keep fresh or frozen (mostly frozen) vegetables on hand at all times.  The best thing about buying frozen, is that they will keep longer.  If you are going to buy frozen, just be sure there are no sauces added to them.

Now, all you need are some seasonings and a saute pan.


These are some of the seasonings I like to use: seasoned pepper, hot sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, sea salt, garlic, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray.  I change it up sometimes and use a Cajun seasoning. You could use whatever seasonings are your favorite and any kind of cooking spray (most non-stick cooking sprays do not add any points).  In my opinion, the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter has the best flavor.


Coat a saute pan with cooking spray and start adding your veggies.  If I'm using onions and garlic, I like to add them first.  For this particular meal I used a mixture of garlic, onions, bell peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower.  As it starts to cook, add seasonings to taste and more cooking spray as needed.  Cook until veggies are as tender as you like.  I generally cook mine for about five minutes on medium heat.


This is a super easy meal and it is so delicious, for 0 points!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

dy.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);