Saturday, March 21, 2015

Zero Point Ice Cream

This is one of my favorite treats at the moment.  You can make it in a lot of different variations. There is a version that adds cocoa powder and peanut butter, which sounds really yummy.  But, I prefer to use frozen fruit (no sugar added) to keep it point free.

You will need:

  • food processor
  • frozen banana (You will need to prepare this beforehand.  Peel and slice a banana into circles, place it on a small plate in a single layer and freeze; overnight is best.)
  • about 1/2 cup of your favorite frozen fruit (no sugar added)
  • about 1 tablespoon milk



I made this batch using frozen peaches.  I think
this has been my favorite flavor so far.
Directions:
  • Place banana in the food processor and blend until finely chopped.
  • Add your favorite frozen fruit, cutting up larger pieces.
  • Blend until fruit is chopped and blended with banana.
  • Add about 1 tablespoon of milk.
  • Blend until creamy.

Play with it!  I keep several bananas frozen and ready, along with two to three different kinds of frozen fruit. This insures that I have a quick easy treat available whenever I get a craving.


I made this batch with frozen blueberries!  YUMMY!


2 comments:

dy.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);